WHAT WE DO
The STOP-IT Program:
- Attempts to build relationships with suspected trafficked persons through street outreach,
- Serves all persons including children and adults, women and men impacted by sex or labor trafficking,
- Assists persons currently victimized, as well as survivors through service referrals and ongoing support,
- Conducts training seminars to raise awareness about the existence of human trafficking,
- Provides practical assistance to community services providers to assist in recognizing possible trafficked persons, thus expanding the scope of service.
SERVICES PROVIDED BY STOP-IT
- Access to Outreach Worker, through 24 Hour Hotline:1.877.606.3158
- Crisis Intervention / Motivational Interviewing
- Trafficking victim identification and assistance in Chicago
- Training on all aspects of trafficking, including victim identification
and community strategies for combating trafficking
- Service connector to all needed services
- Outreach to victims of trafficking, providing support and planning to assist in safe exit from trafficking
- Train community service providers regarding trafficking
- Raise public awareness of trafficking “red flags” and what can be done
- It is a fundamental human right to be free of exploitation in all its forms.
- Every person has inherent dignity and worth.
- We are committed to battling against social injustice.
- We believe in building relationships to facilitate safety by listening and motivating.
- We are motivated by compassion for the people in our community.
- We believe that by training the community about trafficking, we will identify and serve more people.